We all love him! The creative genious! The co-founder, chairman, and CEO of Apple! The pioneer who never gave up! It’s almost five years since he passed away, but his legacy lives, both in our daily products and way of thinking.
These are my 15 favorite Steve Jobs quotes.
The 15 quotes!
1) People with passion can change the world for better!
2) Stay hungry. Stay foolish! (Stanford University Commencement Adress, 2005)
3) Sometimes life is going to hit you in the head with a brick. Don’t lose faith! (Stanford*)
4) Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice! (Stanford*)
5) Your time is limited. Don’t waste it living someone else’s life. (Stanford*)
6) I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: ‘If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?’ And whenever the answer has been ‘No‘ for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something. (Stanford*)
7) You think focusing is about saying ‘Yes!‘ Focusing is about saying ‘No.‘ And when you say ‘No,‘ you piss off people! (Apple WWDC Closing Keynote, 1997)
8) That’s been one of my mantras – focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex, you have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. (BusinessWeek, May 25, 1998)
9) Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations. (I, Steve: Steve Jobs In His Own Words, 2001)
10) Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower. (The Innovation Secrets of Steve Jobs, 2001)
11) I’m convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance.
12) My favorite things in life don’t cost any money. It’s really clear that the most precious resource we all have is time. (Playboy, February, 1985)
13) Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me … Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful … that’s what matters to me. (The Wall Street Journal, May 25, 1993)
14) The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you’ve found it. (Stanford*)
15) Here’s to the crazy ones — the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently — they’re not fond of rules. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can’t do is ignore them because they change things. They push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do. (Apple Computer Ad, 1997)
* Check out the legendary speech at Standford University in 2005!
In the memory of a legend! Have an inspirational day!